Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

Bad sketch week

The rest of this wasn't really a great week in terms of sketching. It wasn't the worst, but it certainly wasn't the best. Point in case? I'll show you my artwork...

Doug TenNapel sketches...
I decided to practice with a bit of DT sketches; I always had been fascinated in digging deeper into his graphic novels since they have such a unique style. I think I'll get them next time I get back to the bookstore.

 Kairi Bruce Timm style studies take 1
Again, I've been inspired to draw Kairi, from Kingdom Hearts, in the style of Bruce Timm. As you can see, I kinda know what I want to do, but Im having a hard time trying to ink her correctly.

Kung Pow Kat studies take 1
These are some sketches of my character, Kung Pow Kat. Me and my friend from Creative Writing are working on a story together, and I thought I'd do the honor of introducing KPK unto this world.

As you can see in these sketches, I have a good idea of what to do with him. But the form and proportions need to be heavily worked on. Even the body itself looks too skinny.

Dib's Haunted Gummi Bear Collection Take 1

This is a sketch that I always wanted to do after watching the episode 'Gaz, Taster of Pork' in which Dib utters that one line 'My Haunted Gummi Bear Collection!' when Gaz takes a bit out of them. In this case, his haunted Gummis are the Gummi Bears from the popular Disney TV show. XD

Somehow I feel the prismacolor pencil here kinda messed up the complexion of the piece because of how shallow it looks. Even the ink was pretty crappy. But no worries, this month, I'm gonna resketch this, and Kairi so I can get a better idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment