Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

getting up late...

Boy! Did I really sleep in or did I really sleep in? First thing I did when I got up was draw some more facial drawings from my Burnes Hogarth book.

The drawing on the right was my first time experimenting with stretching the neck like that. Normally I was used to just drawing faces just starring into the abyss, but now I feel a little more confident in challenging myself with drawing faces at different angles.

Ratigan sketchdump
This is probably my first take at drawing Ratigan from the Great Mouse Detective-- one of my favorite Disney movies of all time.

The picture on the above left was taken from the Art of Glen Keane blog. While these aren't perfect, I like how the bottom images attempt to capture the liveliness of Ratigan. Hopefully I'll do more takes in the future.

But now, I need to get to work on my alien project.

No comments:

Post a Comment