Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Diving into spring break!

 pear drawings
 This is a pair of pears that I drew based off my Art Professor's website. Nice to know that my shading is getting better, but I think I may redraw this.

shapes practice
Again, I decided to redraw the shapes sketch so I can work on the details of each shape, based off the photo.

Burnes Hogarth arm
 Nothing much to say about this; this was just for practice.

Rejected Mad Love Cover
 As seen in the Bruce Timm edition of Modern Masters, this was one of the rejected covers for Mad Love and other stories. I felt compelled to draw this so I can take what I learned from my art class and apply it to this cover. I like how I got a good angle on Harley's figure-- though some things still need a bit work.

Haha! Gotta love the Joker's reaction XD

Mr Freeze sketch
Again, this image was also taken from Modern Master's interview with Bruce Timm.

Just looking from a glance, this piece almost looks perfect; but if you look closely in the Helmet area, you can tell one problematic error. I'm posting it here just to keep record of how I did.

But again, I like how I'm applying what I've learned from my art class and putting it into good use. It shows I'm really getting there. :)

Amelia meets Dexter
Hah! Like most of you youngsters growing up, I excessively watched Dexter's Lab. It was one of my favorite cartoons of all time. Here, he's encountering one of my own characters, Amelia Enmity and it seems that some old habits never die. ;)

However, I think Amelia could be better. Something about her legs don't seem to work. It's like, they're there, but they're not properly drawn in her skirt area.
 
Ork, Glork N Spork storyboards

Now that I have spring break, I can finally resume my storyboard work for my Alien Nation promo I intend to put together. I think this time, the trio are really starting to pop out. I mean look at the shadowing on the characters, it seems like they're really coming alive.

That's all for now folks. Until next time, stay sharp. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment